3/23/2010

Day 51 - Lake Mungo


Day 51 and I watched Lake Mungo. Lake Mungo is about a young girl who drowns one day. It's all told in a documentary style which I love. It is fiction but when it's told like a documentary it makes it much more believable. Anyway, she drowns and it seems that her ghost is haunting her family. Things keep happening and twists are added. This is a fairly creepy movie and it kind of reminded me of Paranormal Activity. Sorta. It's similar in the way it's told, through old footage and things like that. I can't exactly remember, I'm not sure now that Paranormal Activity was told as a documentary, I think it was just purely home video. I'm sick, I don't know what I'm talking about. Lake Mungo is an excellent movie though. I usually don't go for Horrorfest-type stuff but this is really well made. The actors are believable and nothing is really out of the ordinary. Except for maybe the cell phone footage at Lake Mungo, I found myself wondering if every single girl in such a large group would be taking video at the same time. That's minor though. Some may find this a little boring or dragging, so if you have ADD you probably won't want to watch it.

I'm gonna give Lake Mungo 4.1 tapes out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment