3/19/2010

Day 47 - The Ex


Day 47 and I watched The Ex. The Ex is about a couple who just had a baby! So of course the mom can't work so it's up to her husband to hold down a job. He has a hard time holding down a job because he can smell BS a mile away and tends to call people on it. He gets fired and decides to work for his wife's father. Her dad runs an advertising firm and it's all goofy stuff in there. The "YES BALL" is an imaginary ball that people mime throwing for some reason. He has to swallow his pride and tough it out. That gets harder with a guy named Chip. Chip is so passive aggressive and I love it, it's hilarious. Zach Braff plays the hubby and he does a good job and Amanda Peet is the wifey. This is a pretty funny movie, partly because of the passive aggressiveness of Chip and because everything goes wrong for Zach. I don't want to give too much away, it's a funny movie though. I wouldn't really say this is a romantic comedy, although there is relationship stuff in there, it's hardly the focus. Give it a watch.

I'll give The Ex 3.7 sticky note apologies out of 5.

I really wish I could remember what they called those sticky note apologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment