3/09/2010

Day 37 - Poseidon


Mayday 37 and I watched Poseidon. Poseidon is really a more modern version of Titanic, minus the love story. We start out with a giant boat and it's new year's eve and everyone is celebrating and then there is a wave. It doesn't take long to get down to the nitty gritty and throw all the people on board a real party. Not long enough I thought. I guess I would have liked a little more introduction. After the wave hits the crew tells everyone to stay in the ballroom and there's a few that aren't content to just wait for rescue. We've got a father and daughter with her boyfriend, some dickish ex navy guy (he comes around though), a butthole guy who doesn't last long, a girl that's afraid of everyone, an architect and a mother and son in the crew that decides to go. A few drop fairly predictably in the face of certain obstacles. I didn't really feel much connection to anyone, the characters aren't all that endearing. Again it's hard to feel nervous for someone when you don't really care either way. The special effects were good enough. If you love disaster movies this is probably a good movie but I need more than a love for a genre to make me like a movie!

This gets 2 bolted pianos out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment