3/16/2010

Day 44 - Rashomon


Day 44 and I watched Rashomon. Rashomon is about a particular scene of an apparent rape and murder and four different versions of that story. Each of the four people tells it a different way and the movie doesn't tell you how it actually happened. Its an interesting movie that way. It asks "how trustworthy is a man?" On the other hand, this is from 1950 and a such the cinematography is a little dated. I understand that this was quite the movie for it's time so I'll cut it a little slack. I am not from the 1950s however, and it was a little rough on my attention span. The acting is a little overdone and the music was a little cheery for what was going on, it kind of reminded me of a looney tune at times to be honest. The concept of this movie is really the main reason to watch it and I do enjoy a movie that asks the viewer the questions.

I'll give this 3 pearl inlays out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment