3/04/2010

Day 32 - Fletch


How many ways can I put together this sentence: I watched Fletch on day 32. Fletch is about a suave reporter who gets a proposition offered to him to kill a guy. The guy hiring him says he's got bone cancer and that Fletch would be doing him and his family a great service in killing him so that he doesn't have to go through the pain of the condition and so his insurance will pay out. So Fletch sets out to try to see if there's any validity to the claims by tricking people into giving him information. Chevy Chase does well in this movie talking fast and weaseling out of hairy situations. There's a lot of witty things he says and a lot of them are pretty funny. I like the names he gives himself the best. This movie has it's parts but it also gets a little boring at times. Some of the jokes fell flat for me and I found myself getting bored when he wasn't trying to swindle some person. Thankfully, for a lot of the movie he is trying to fool people. If you're a fan of Chevy definitely give this one a watch if you haven't already, the rest of you, wait for a lazy afternoon.

Fletch gets 3.3 water buffaloes out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment