3/12/2010

Day 40 - Interview with the Vampire


It's day 40 today and I watched Interview with the Vampire. I just noticed that the title is not Interview with a Vampire, it is Interview with THE Vampire. This movie is about the vampire life and what those creatures of the night deal with in their "lives." Brad Pitt plays a brooding vampire that ends up regretting his choice to become a vampire and still has a conscience and what not. He doesn't like taking lives but every once in a while the hunger takes him. Tom Cruise plays the vampire that turns Brad Pitt into one. Tom's vampire takes joy in seducing people and feeding on them and is trying to push Brad to get past his morality and embrace what he has become. Tom is awesome in this movie and now this has got to be one of my favorite roles he's done. Kirsten Dunst is also in this and I think this was her first big role and she does a really good job despite being super young. Even Antonio Banderas joins in on the fun! This movie did tend to drag in parts and it was a little theatrical I thought at some parts. For sure an interesting movie though.

I'm gonna give this 3.5 rats out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment