2/09/2010

Day 9 - The Hurt Locker

 

Hello again, it's day 9 and I watched The Hurt Locker. The Hurt Locker is about a bomb team that goes around and handles explosive situations, no pun intended, hur hur. On the team we've got a very tense guy, a guy who seems to be suffering from ptsd or something, and the team leader who throws caution to the wind. I didn't find much to really latch on to with the characters. Much of this movie is built on the tension of the situations this team finds themselves in, and it's a pity that I couldn't bring myself to feel the tension with them and I felt a kind of disconnect from the heavy parts. Not enough time was spent on the characters in my humble little opinion and it's not until the last 20 or 30 minutes that I felt any sort of connection to them. The film also falls into a pattern of they get called to a site or mission, things are tense, something happens, they talk about it a little bit then another site, rinse and repeat. It's also fairly easy to tell when something bad is going to happen.

Everything else about the movie was done extremely well, I gotta say. The city they're in, the base camp, everything seems authentic. I like the way this movie portrayed what they were going through. These guys get thirsty and tired and I liked seeing that side of it, it helps with the immersion. Sure there's some action but it doesn't feel like it's just an action scene to show off some explosions or keep the kiddies happy. There's always a reason to be suspicious of that guy over there, or that crowd gathering on the balcony. 

Favorite scene was the suicide bomber towards the end, I won't spoil it any further than that.

This gets 3 bootleg dvds out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment