2/10/2010

Day 10 - The Great Outdoors

 

Day 10 people, this is a big milestone! Today I watched The Great Outdoors starring Dan Aykroyd and John Candy. The Great Outdoors is a tale of a father trying to give his kids the same experience that his father gave him by taking his family camping. It's also a tale of in-laws crashing the party. They have little misadventures doing the rugged outdoorsy stuff and some of it's funny. This is kind of an old movie so you have to bear with it a little bit, that's not to say it's bad though. I always get a kick watching old movies if not just to see what they wore at the time. While I was watching I felt myself getting distracted easily. It's just an ok movie for me. There's a story arc of Mr. Candy's son finding a nice girl and they kind of have a thing going on that's just painful to watch. The kid is a total dork and he's laying, or attempting to lay the smooth game on this girl and it just seems so out of character for him. That would have to be my biggest gripe. 

The movie does have it's funny parts and my favorite scene would be any where those rascally raccoons are getting into trouble.

3.5 shotgun lamps out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment