2/25/2010

Day 25 - Green Street Hooligans

 


I watched Green Street Hooligans today on the 25 day of this here blog. Green Street Hooligans is about Elijah Woods being a college student and getting kicked out because he has a douchey roommate who lets Elijah take the fall for something he did. So he movies to England to be with his sister and gets mixed up with some crazy football fans. They aren't so much football fans as bunch of hooligans who go out and get in fights with fans of other teams. It's a crazy world they live in, and soon Elijah is right there fighting alongside them. To say I enjoyed this movie would be an understatement. There's a lot going on in this movie and it's never hard to keep it straight. I ended up caring about everyone and when things got tense my adrenaline was pumping. The camera work is a little questionable sometimes during the fight scenes, but not quite as bad as the chase scenes in the Bourne movies. I don't think it's a huge knock because I only really noticed it once. The story here is enthralling and it all builds up and gets to such a boiling point that it causes almost everyone involved to take a step back and think about what they're really doing.

The bathroom scene at the end was probably my favorite scene.

This gets 4.9 traffic cones out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment