2/08/2010

Day 8 - Dear John


Day 8 and I got dragged to the movies. Today I watched Dear John. Dear John is about a soldier guy who is home on leave and falls in love while he's there. Channing Tatum is the soldier and he plays him with all the charisma of a cardboard box. He's just so devoid of any personality it's hard to really like the character which I feel is VITAL for me or anyone to really enjoy a love story. The girl he falls in love with isn't all that much better. Well, actually, she does have some personality it's just not very. . . endearing.

One thing I did like about the movie is that it wasn't totally predictable. I had two predictions in my head on where I thought it was going that, thankfully, didn't pan out.

Favorite scene. . . When it shows close ups of the moon. That was neat because it reminded me of my astronomy class where I looked at the moon through a sweet telescope and saw shadows that the ridges cast and it actually seemed like a real place then.

1.7 lasagna dinners out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment