2/20/2010

Day 20 - 9


I watched 9 today on day 20. 9 is about these little robot doll creations that are all alone in a post-apocalyptic world. There's some other robots trying to kill them for some reason. There's also a mystery there for the good little robots to unravel as well. I felt myself asking "why?" a lot in this movie as the motives of the bad robots aren't really explained. At all. They must just hate life in all forms other than their own. Also the ending left me confused, not because I didn't understand what was going on, but because I didn't understand why. Unless I missed something huge or an entire scene somewhere somehow I don't get why things work the way they work and happen the way they happen. That's not to say this isn't worth watching, the art direction is pretty awesome and the cg is fairly good. It's a good movie to watch, but don't expect to really buy into everything.

This gets 3 weird talismans out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment