1/22/2011

Movie 22 - Eclipse


For movie 22 I watched Eclipse. Eclipse, for those living under a rock, is the third in a quadrology of vampire romance novels turned movie that are insanely popular. I'm coming at this as someone who never read the books. I'm going to assume most of you know what happens in the other two previous movies or books because so does this movie. I remembered bits and pieces from the first two like that Bella is awkward and loves Edward but also likes Jacob and Ed and Jake hate each other because they're from different monster schools but there's also this lady trying to kill Bella for some reason and also Bella has some special blood or something. A gripe I had with this one is it doesn't really get people like me or "outsiders" or even "boyfriends of Twilight fans" back up to speed in any way. It doesn't talk about why Bella is so important or much about the secret society that seems to be pulling strings in the background even though I know they went over it in previous films. As a result I felt like I was just floating along watching the movie and watching scenes play out without much context. The acting is a thing of question in this one, I don't remember liking the first one much but I did sort of enjoy the second one because it revolved more around someone with some personality but this one kind of falls between the two. This movie really felt like just a bridge to get to the next movie to me. The specials effects are a little hit and miss. I would tell people who aren't fans and who aren't friends of fans that they aren't missing anything but I think they already know that and I think all the fans and poor boyfriends have already seen it anyway.

2 ugly rings out of 5

Lizz says, "I liked it but I was surprised there wasn't that big of a fight scene because I felt like it was a huge part of the book."

No comments:

Post a Comment