1/02/2011

Movie 2 - Predators






Movie 2 was Predators. First I'm going to say that I'm a huge Predator fan and that I think I may have impossible standards for new Predator movies to meet. Adrian Brody stars in this film, which I thought was an odd choice, as well as Topher Grace. This is an action movie after all and to cast Brody as the lead just seems weird. Danny Trejo and the other lesser known actors are about the only castings I thought made sense. I was willing to give it a shot, though. Morpheus also has a brief role. It starts out with Adrian and friends getting dropped into a jungle and none of them know why or where they are. It becomes apparent that they are being hunted by THE GREATEST HUNTERS IN THE GALAXY. As usual recently the Predators have been redesigned. I, for one, think that the original and sequel Predators were perfect. In this movie there's one with a weird jaw attached to his mask and they only have one claw that pops out of their gauntlet thing, which I didn't mind. The jaw thing was pretty stupid though. Also I find that in the newer movies with Predators in them the guys manning the suits go overboard with the mannerisms. It wasn't awful in this one but there was a couple of times when a Predator would cock his head to much side to side. A more classic Predator does make an appearance but they did something stupid to his mask too. As far as the movie goes it plods along and people die here and there but I'd say it was pretty forgettable. The Predators are supposed to be the greatest hunters in the galaxy yet they fall for tricks that they employed against their own prey. In the first two they never really fell for anything super obvious. I don't get why we can't get a decent Predator movie these days. sigh. The best thing about this movie was all the winks to fans of the first movies. Another nice touch was that nearly all of the music is only slightly modified from the first two movies. Adrien Brody also wears a batman voice through the movie which is kind of funny once you notice.

2.8 elephant tusk dogs out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment