4/21/2010

Day 80 - A Sound of Thunder


Day 80 and I watched A Sound of Thunder. A Sound of Thunder is a science fiction movie that takes a look at the butterfly effect. For those not in the know it is believed that making ever small changes to the distant past could make drastic changes on the present. The set up is that some company offers "safaris to the past" and on one safari something gets screwed up and something gets changed in the past. Of course that affects the present but it comes in "time waves." With each wave comes something different. The main thing here is the monkey dinosaurs, which is just ridiculous. Why would lizards evolve in a primate direction. No idea. The movie doesn't really show many other creatures that would be affected by the alternate history of evolution, which I was interested in seeing. Oh well. Some people star in this movie, I think the main male role was familiar but I can't be sure, nothing is really well acted. The special effects will kind of take you out of the moment, they're a little old and a little stiff. I can't say I really enjoyed this one, folks.

2 nitrogen frozen bullets out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment