4/06/2010

Day 65 - The Seventh Seal


Day 65 and I watched The Seventh Seal. The Seventh Seal shows the final travels of a knight and his squire as the return to where they lived but the plague is also there. There's a lot of religious tones and reflections on faith and all that goes with it. A major point from the description was that the knight plays a game of chess against Death himself for his life. The way everyone describes it makes it sound like that's the central thing going on in this movie but it really isn't. I thought the exploration of morals and what not was more central than that. The game gets oh I dunno, 15 minutes screen time total, and that's being generous. This is a well paced and acted movie despite it's age. Very well done for it's time. This is a foreign film and it is black and white. I'd give this a shot if you don't mind reading all the lines. I can't help but get a little bored about a 3rd into things when I have to read it, I'm terrible.

This gets 3 pairs of tights out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment