4/10/2010

Day 68 - Clash of the Titans


Day 68 and I took a trip to the theater to watch Clash of the Titans. Clash of the Titans is about man getting pissed at the gods for being too tough on them and deciding they're not going to take it anymore and about the gods' response to that. Hades convinces Zues to let him scare people into praying again so the gods can get more immortality fuel. What Hades didn't realize at first was that there was a half-god by the name of Perseus who had quite the grudge against the gods to begin with and was just waiting for a reason. I have one person I know of that saw this and didn't hate it. I kind of figured I'd have to go in with lowered expectations as this obviously wasn't the next big thing. Oh well. The thing about this movie is that it's not supposed to be some revolutionary narrative on the old story, it's just an excuse to see the awesome mythological monsters redone with modern visual trickery on the big screen! The nerd in my was jumping out of my seat when I saw the pegasi and the kraken and Medusa! The computer effects are about as good as they come these days and it was a visual treat to behold. I saw some complaints about the dialogue being horrible or idiotic but I never really squirmed at anything anyone said. Well, there is one part where Perseus calls Medusa a bitch, but I can overlook one line. If you're a big time nerd like me, give this one a watch if not just to see all the crazy monsters.

3.7 sheathing swords out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment