6/12/2010

Movie 91 - The Road


Movie 92 was The Road, and I watched it about a week ago and forgot I did. That shouldn't be taken that this is a bad movie, I just have a bad memory sometimes. The Road is another movie where we get to watch Viggo Mortensen walking around, only this time it's not for 10 hours. The poster I used says Guy Pearce is in the movie as well. I don't know why they gave him a listing right on the front of this, he's in the movie for all of 7 minutes, if that, plus it's near the end. There's also a kid in the movie that play's Viggo's son. This movie is set in a post-apocalyptic world where almost all life is gone. The plants are dead, the animals are mostly dead so that doesn't leave a lot of options for food. I'll leave that to up to you to figure that part out. Let's just say a lot of humanity has turned to the dark side. Viggo and his son are "carrying the flame" and scavenging and trying to get to the coast in hopes of some sort of respite from the horrible world they find themselves in. This is one downer of a movie so don't watch if you're feeling blue to begin with. Viggo seems to do a pretty good job, I'm not sure how I feel about him but the kid who plays his son does a really good job for being so young. This is a pretty good movie and I'd recommend watching if you're a fan of dreary post-apocalyptic settings and themes and junk.

3.8 flares out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment